American Nightmare Tattoo
At American Nightmare Tattoo we take great pride on creating Tattoo masterpieces. How you take care of your new Tattoo will depend on how it will look for the rest of your life.
Suggestions for Tattoo Aftercare. Takes the steps on taking care of your tattoo. Don’t want to make a mess of a new Tattoo.
If you have any questions regarding Tattoo Aftercare, contact our shop at 702-259-3205
What To Do
– Leave the bandage on for a minimum of 2 hours after tattoo session
– Make sure that your surroundings are clean before removing the bandage
– Before removing the bandage, wash your hands
– Wash your tattoo with soap and warm water
– If there is any blood, ink, or plasma around, wash it off
– When drying your new tattoo, pat dry and don’t rub it
– Apply ointment thoroughly for 3 days especially if the tattoo is feeling dry and tight
– Use scented free or fragrance free lotion after the 3rd day
– The tattoo is going to peel and scab, when washing your tattoo in this stage, pat with wash cloth and avoid rubbing and scratching as this could leave permanent markings
What NOT To Do
– Do NOT let your tattoo dry out
– Avoid apply to much ointment, your skin still has to breathe
– Try avoiding the direct sun light and tanning beds
– The tattoo is going to itch and scab up, do not pick at it or rub the tattoo. Instead pat the tattoo with a wet paper towel
– Do not soak the tattoo in water for long periods of time.
– Try no to smother your tattoo with clothes that are tight. Try wearing something loose to avoid rubbing the tattoo
Additional Tattoo Aftercare Tips
KEEP IT MOISTURIZED
Apply moisturizer every two hours for the first thirty days. Then three times daily till day 14.
We recommend avoiding water for a period of 7 days.
If there is any kind of fading, contact your tattoo artist for any touch-ups.
KEEP IT CLEAN
WHAT TO EXPECT
We recommend talking to your tattoo artist to get all the details of what to expect with a new tattoo.